Want to keep your campaign organized? We recommend using the Five Shifts in Social Change:
Five Shifts for Social Change
A significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms.
Social Change takes time, but creates a lasting impact. We can measure and evaluate our work through five shifts. These shifts represent and indicate root cause change that is happening in society.
- Shifts in awareness: The issue is defined differently in the community or larger society.
- Shifts in behavior:People are behaving differently in the community or larger society.
- Shifts in engagement:People in the community or larger society are more engaged in your issue.
- Shifts in policy:An institutional, organizational, or legislative policy or practice has changed.
- Maintaining or holding the line:Earlier progress on the issue has been maintained in the face of opposition.
Source: The Women’s Fund